|Donald Watkins and David Meckley|
Longtime Alabama attorney and entrepreneur Donald Watkins, who has become a leading voice in online journalism about the various scandals engulfing Atlanta-based Southern Company, is the subject of a podcast interview at The Meck Report (themeck.blogspot.com), which is based in Dothan, AL.
Veteran journalist David "The Meck" Meckley, who has a lengthy career in both print and broadcast media, conducted the interview -- which is titled "Donald Watkins Unplugged on the Southern Company."
Among the scandal-related topics covered in the podcast:
* Shoddy construction, including unsettling vibrations, at the Vogtle Nuclear Plant in Georgia;
* The possibility that shoddy workmanship, cost overruns, and rampant criminality could lead to a Three-Mile Island-style disaster at Vogtle;
* Hush money payments to victims of Southern Company's underhanded activities;
* Rampant accounting fraud (totaling about $28 billion), largely designed to cover up cost overruns at the Vogtle Plant in Georgia and the Kemper Plant in Mississippi;
* Insider transactions allegedly involving Southern Company board members and private companies;
* The role of former President Bill Clinton in trying to protect Southern Company with the U.S. Department of Justice.
The free-wheeling and wide-ranging interview runs about 1 hour, 13 minutes and can be accessed at this link.