Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Obama's Encounter With God

Conservative "humor" usually leaves us cold here at Legal Schnauzer. But a new one is making the rounds in right-wing circles, and we actually find it amusing. Here's how it goes:

Al Gore, Bill Clinton, and Barack Obama go to heaven.

God addresses Gore first. ''Al, what do you believe?"

"Well, I believe that I won that election, but that it was your will that I not serve," Gore says. "I've come to understand that now."

God thinks for a second, notes Gore's sincerity, and says: "Very good. Come and sit at my left."

God then addresses Clinton. "Bill, what do you believe?''

"I believe in forgiveness," Clinton says. "I've sinned, but I've never held a grudge against my fellow man, and I hope no grudges are held against me."

God thinks for a second, clearly impressed with Clinton's thoughtfulness, and says: "You are forgiven, my son. Come and sit at my right."

Then God addresses Obama. "Barack, what do you believe?"

Obama doesn't hesitate. "I believe," he says, "that you're sitting in my chair."

3 comments:

mjp said...

I hate to say this but this joke is really tasteless. I normally enjoy your blog and stories however this is way out of line. Obama is not GOD and never will be regardless of what some people may think. I don't understand the appeal of this man, frankly he scares the hell out of me. He came out of no where, has done nothing for this country except to sink us deeper in debt, and people flock to him as if he were a national hero. People should be really aware that fads don't last and he is a fad. He will bring change that people are not happy with and he will destroy our country and we have always known it and our people will cry in the streets for relief. Take my comments or leave them but please leave Obama and God out of the same story.....mjp

JAhmerica said...

Wow mjp,

Get a clue, get a life, get a sense of humor. I'm an Obama supporter and I thought the joke was funny. Where do I begin? Sink us in debt? Talk to your "fiscal conservatives," who started with a surplus. "People will cry in the streets"...of New Orleans? Been there- thanks George. The bottom line is that people like Bush and Yourself are sure of themselves but always WRONG. 9/11, IRAQ, TORTURE, KATRINA, WALTER REED, THE ECONOMY, etc. etc. etfc.
You had your shot- you F'd it all up. Obama's been on the job for 6 MONTHS. Even if the honorable John McCAin and the "Quitta from Wasila" had won- we'd be in the same ditch that the elephants got us into.
Put a sock in it. Better yet, a flag.

James Greek said...

ROFL!