Tom Layfield became head of ARBA in 2013, after serving as vice president of governmental affairs for the Alabama Bankers Association. Layfield clearly is strongly aligned with the corporate and political worlds in Alabama. From his bio at the ARBA Web site:
Tom Layfield, Vice President of Governmental Affairs for the Alabama Bankers Association, was named Executive Director of the Alabama Road Builders Association in August 2013, succeeding Billy Norrell.
“Bringing Tom into the road building family presents a tremendous opportunity for ARBA,” said 2013 ARBA President, Craig Fleming. “I would like to thank Chris Newell (Search Committee Chairman) and the rest of the committee for their tireless efforts during this transition. The committee came to a unanimous decision on this important choice. We had a strong list of candidates expressing interest in this position and are honored by their participation. In the end, Tom is the candidate who best fit our needs.”
Layfield has more than 15 years of association management and governmental affairs experience. He and his wife Lauren live in Montgomery.
Lauren Layfield works at Sandra Nickel Realtors in Montgomery. From her bio at the company's Web page:
If you are looking to buy high-end Montgomery area real estate or that perfect first home, contact Lauren Layfield. She is conscientious, respectful, smart, straightforward and a competitive buyer specialist.
Lauren, and her husband, Tom – who is executive director of the Alabama Road Builders Association, both were graduated from Auburn University. They have three Boykin Spaniel dogs, and spend their free time boating, reading, and relaxing on Lake Martin or at the Montgomery County Club. She enjoys teaching Pure Barre, playing tennis and traveling to visit family. Lauren is originally from Lexington, Kentucky, met Tom while working in Washington, DC, and they have lived in Midtown since 1996.
We sought comment from Tom Layfield regarding his activities at Ashley Madison, but he has not responded to our queries.
Article with links to 1-20 in Ashley Madison series
(21) Craig Oliver, attorney, Springfield, MO (1/24/17)
(22) Craig Lowell, attorney, Wiggins Childs, Birmingham (1/26/17)
(23) Thomas Mancuso, tax attorney, Montgomery, AL (2/16/17)
(24) Nicholas Arciniegas, attorney, Washington, D.C. (2/21/17)
(25) Griffin McGahey, vice president, High Cotton USA, Birmingham (3/16/17)
(26) Matthew Couch, attorney, Cabaniss Johnson, Birmingham (3/23/17)
(27) Dr. Keron Vickers, chiropractor, Birmingham (4/4/17)
(28) D. Paterson Cope, president, wealth management, Birmingham (4/20/17)
(29) Shawn Baker, developer, Blackwater Resources, Birmingham (4/24/17)
(30) David Deusner, attorney/forensics, Control Risks, Birmingham/Washington, D.C. (4/26/17)
(31) David J. Harrison, attorney, Geneva, AL (6/8/17)
(32) Michael Mullis, managing partner, Kelley and Mullis, Birmingham (4/12/17)
(33) David Healy, attorney, Ozark, MO (6/15/17)